Our vision at FPO is to glorify God and exalt Christ by advancing gospel-saturated community through gospel-centered teaching and gospel-motivated mercy.
At FPO, the means by which we will pursue the glory of God in the making of disciples is three-fold: gospel-saturated community, gospel-centered teaching, and gospel-motivated mercy.
- Lives and relationships motivated by grace over fear
- Honesty and openness over showmanship and pretending
- Service, sacrifice and ministry over isolation, self-centeredness and self-improvement
- Our heart problems over our behavior problems
- The Bible as the story of God’s redemption over the Bible as tips for life
- God’s work for us in Christ as the only means for real change
- Propelled by the grace of the gospel, not the compulsion of man
- Aiming at long-term transformation and renewal over short-term fixes
We see our vision as the river banks of FPO – setting the direction in which we flow as a church, and protecting us from spilling out and losing our identity altogether. There are good things beyond the banks of the river, but we live here…and we invite you to join us.