FPO welcomes and encourages all ages to participate as we worship Christ together. However, we also believe that children benefit from teaching and experiencing worship in an age appropriate environment. Here at FPO, we encourage the entire body of believers to assist in the spiritual development of our children. Get more specifics on Sunday mornings at FPO for families with children and youth.
Children’s Sunday School (10:45 am)
Our children meet for Sunday School each Sunday morning at 10:45 am. Below is a list of classes, teachers, and locations for the 2017-2018 school year. For more information about our Children’s Ministry, contact Lisbeth Chapman.
- Infants ages 12 weeks and older are cared for in our nursery.
- Two-year-olds (age 2 by Sept 1, 2017): Virginia White; Location: Children’s Hall
- Three-and Four-year olds (age 3 by Sept 1, 2017): Teacher: Allison Drake and Ely Jones; Location: Children’s Hall
- Kindergarten (age 5 by Sept 1, 2017): Teacher: Annslee Hillyer and team; Location: Children’s Hall
- First Grade: Teachers: Lulie Radford and team; Location: Children’s Hall
- Second and Third Grades: Teacher: Susan Shifflett; Location: Prayer Room
- Fourth through Sixth Grades: Teacher: Abby Tippins; Location: Meet in Parlor
Youth Fellowship Group (10:45 am)
- Jr. High (7th through 9th Grades): Teachers: Russel & Kayla Johnson, Josh Anders, Abbey Van Nostrand; Location: Carriage House
- High School (10th through 12th Grades): Teachers: Russel & Kayla Johnson, Josh Anders, Abbey Van Nostrand; Location: Carriage House
Thoughts on Corporate Worship with Children
The nursery is available during the worship service(s) for children from 12 weeks through age three. We long for our children to learn to worship, and we also believe that God is faithful to work through worship in all of us, no matter our age. That’s why young children are welcome in our service, and children ages four and older are encouraged to be in worship with their families. We know that this will make for some noise and movement in the pews, which is fine with us! However, if you need to leave the service with your child, we offer a Training Area in the lobby with pews and a live feed of the service. This area is reserved for parents seeking to train their children to participate in worship. If having kids in worship is a transition for you, we understand, and we would love to work with you!