FPO welcomes and encourages all ages to participate as we worship Christ together. However, we also believe that children benefit from teaching and experiencing worship in an age appropriate environment. Here at FPO, we encourage the entire body of believers to assist in the spiritual development of our children.
Sunday School for Children and Youth
Our children meet for Sunday School each Sunday morning at 9:45 am. Below is a list of classes, teachers, and locations for the 2015-2016 school year. For more information on our children’s ministry, contact Lisbeth Chapman.
- Two-year-olds (age 2 by Sept 1, 2016): Emily Munn, Anslee Palmer, & Virginia White; Location: Children’s Hall
- Three- and Four-year olds (age 3 by Sept 1, 2016): Teacher: Hilary Kiser; Location: Children’s Hall
- Five-year-olds through First Grade (age 5 by Sept 1, 2016): Teachers: Erin and Eli Beaver & Tiffany Non; Location: Children’s Hall
- Second and Third Grades: Teacher: Susan Shifflett; Location: Children’s Hall
- Fourth through Sixth Grades: Teacher: Jennifer Cornett, Seth & Angela House; Location: Prayer Room
- Jr. High (7th and 8th Grades): Teachers: Russel & Kayla Johnson; Location: Carriage House
- High School (9th through 12th Grades): Teachers: Russel & Kayla Johnson; Location: Carriage House
- Children ages 12 weeks through three years are cared for in our nursery.
The nursery is available during the worship service(s) for children from 12 weeks through age three. We long for our children to learn to worship, and we also believe that God is faithful to work through worship in all of us, no matter our age. That’s why young children are welcome in our service, and children ages four and older are encouraged to be in worship with their families. We know that this will make for some noise and movement in the pews, which is fine with us! However, if you need to leave the service with your child, we now offer a Training Area in the lobby with pews and a live feed of the service. This area is reserved for parents seeking to train their children to participate in worship. If having kids in worship is a transition for you, we understand, and we would love to work with you!