Thank you so much for your interest in working with children and/or youth at FPO! We seek to provide a safe and secure environment for the children and youth who participate in our programs and activities. It is critical that we screen all potential volunteers and employees in order to protect our children and youth. Please read our policy, fill out the application form, and complete the short training to be on your way to serving!
- READ: Please read the First Presbyterian Church of Opelika Child Protection Policy. It is just a few short pages. You will be asked later to verify that you read the policy in full and agree to be bound by it. Click here to read it.
- APPLY: Please complete the Children’s & Youth Ministry Volunteer and Employment Application. Your responses will be kept confidential.
- If you are a member of FPO, complete the online form for FPO members.
- If you are not a member of of FPO, complete the online form for non-members (coming soon).
- COMPLETE TRAINING: Please take 15-20 minutes to complete the Alabama Department of Human Resources Online Child Abuse Mandated Reporters Training. You MUST provide a copy of your successful training certification to Lisbeth Chapman. The certification will be available online upon your completion of the course. You may provide a hard copy (print) or a digital image (screen shot) of your certification. Click here to begin the online training course. Simply follow the on-screen prompts.
If you have completed the three steps above, you are finished with the process. Thank you so much for your time! If you have questions or concerns, please contact Lisbeth Chapman.